Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another Early Morning

Woke up at 1:00 a.m., no sign of going back to sleep anytime soon. I made this card for Cody's teacher; he told me she was not feeling well and I had to call her regarding Cody's sudden drop in math grades. So, I had already had these images colored and decided to use them for her card. I found paper in my scraps that matched the image colors. I used a sketch from SCS (not sure which one); they sure come in handy! The bow tying was a little easier than it has been in the past; not sure if it's practice or maybe I just work better with no sleep. I just covered white cardstock with pp. Then cut strips of cardstock, tied the bows aroung them. Then cut around the images and curled the ends. I also added dimension by adhering them with pop dots. Anyway, I really like this card. Quick and simple layout with fabulous result. *Now, I just hope she likes it.*
I have been thinking that since I can't sleep, I might as well make good use of my time. But, since Duke was home last night, I couldn't start cleaning- he needs to sleep. I know all the noise won't wake the boy up, so that is my plan for the sleepless nights. Maybe I'll stay asleep if I know that I'll be doing work!!! HAHAHAH
We have been having some beautiful weather here. Crisp and cool in the morning and it warms up throughout the day. Just perfect! I am happy to see the fall season approaching. Can hardly wait for the changing of the foliage; it is so spectacular here in East Tn.

6 comments:

crissi said...

beautiful card

Corie said...

I LOVE that purple with that green -- so beautiful!!

My Paper World said...

Very pretty, love the colours!

Flossie's Follies said...

WOW. you colored those flowers, great job, this card is fantastic,love the color combo

camilla said...

i´m a woman from sweden who just blogging around...i like your card that you have made.
Camilla

Wendy said...

This is a lovely card! I've got just the stamps in mind for a CASE! Thanks!

(BTW, found ur site thru a link on Chris Durnan's blog. Gotta love her!)

ShareThis