Friday, September 7, 2007

A Big Thank You

Yesterday I was in a scramble to find someone that could keep Cody for about an hour after school. We normally don't need a sitter on Thursday, but there are always times like this. Anyway, when I called the school, the coach of the girls' volleyball team said he could stay with them and practice. So I made him a card to thank him for being so generous.

The camera is a bit wonky and getting ready to die, I am sure of it. Anyway, I used PP over the card base, then a cardstock piece that I embossing using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I just love them, the images are crisp and deeply embossed. The I wrapped my last bit of this ribbon around it. I used a paper crimper on the brown cardstock and adhered. The monkey image was stamped in StazOn and then colored with my cheapo pencils and blended with OMS. I used some blue rickrack as an embellishment. I like this one. Oh, and I also stamped the monkey on the envelope. I just love the Changito monkey stamps. I have this one and another one.
I also took the opportunity to take a picture of my monkey HAHAH. He was totally into stamping and coloring with me. I totally love it that he gets enjoyment from crafting and creating. Of course, he does get in the way sometimes, maybe I need to get him a small table or something so that I have some elbow room. I have a really small space anyway and then factor in a six year old who needs elbow room too! Maybe it's time to move some toys out of the room that we are in and set up a card table for the boy. Oh the possibilities!
I finally got a good smile from Cody. He has lots of work to do about producing a natural smile. Anyone have any tips??? Dontcha just love those dipples? Layers and layers of them. I think he is about the cutest thing ever. I am a bit biased as his mother of course, but we always get compliments on him. Ok, so I'll shut up about him.
Hope you all have a great weekend, I hope to post more creations. Also, for those of you that have been concerned about Ziggy, I will post a picture of him post-stings. Thanks for all the well wishes!







2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, sure the coach will be thrilled when he receives it and adorable Cody, think you need a mother and son stamping station. How cool is that.

ஐ*Beatriz Jennings*ஐ said...

cute card :)

ShareThis