Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Few Cards

I have a few quick cards today, nothing special. In any case, I had a bit of energy last night, it should have been spent on cleaning, however.

For the first one, I cut the bats out with my WB; I used a file from Chris Durnan. She is a great designer and I stalk her blog daily. The card base is covered in a strip of textured cardstock and some PP. I added another thin strip of inked cardstock to cover the seam. The stamped words are mounted on black cardstock using the Traffic Jam Cuttlebug Embossing Folder . The design is simple and I got the idea from PaperCrafts magazine. I might have to subscribe to this magazine, lots of great ideas.


For this card, I used PP a bit smaller than the card base. I then punched some squares from Bazzill Bling and textured cardstock. I rounded the corners and then adhered to the front. I took the ugly center from the flower and put in a big brad (the color is a match IRL). Then I cut the edge of the flower off. I stamped the sentiment on the squares with the SU! Priceless set. This card was also inspired from PaperCrafts magazine.

I intended to finish another one, but the time got away from me. A girl has to get some sleep; I definitely need it!

Cody's teacher has called already this morning. Apparently, the boy has thrown up and claims he is not feeling well. She said he looks and seems fine; I will be calling before his lunch period to see if I need to pick him up. He didn't indicate feeling sick this morning, so who knows what has happened. **Update**- Cody is fine, just must have gotten too hot or something. His teacher let me know that he read an entire story to his class today. Let me just say, it made me gush with pride. He'll have a big hug and surprise when we get home tonight.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Too cute, love the bats

Anonymous said...

this is a cut card--I came over from Chris blog to ck it out.. and I have a big ?--I love the snowmen-where ever did you find them? thanks for your time-----Diane
grandmastoy@ckt.net

My Paper World said...

He, He! I would always pick crafting over cleaning too!
Love your cards!

Michelle said...

The bat card is awesome! It looks like the bats are holding the sentiment.

Theresa said...

Good energy is so often wasted on cleaning! hehehe

ShareThis