Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Few Things for Today

Ok, so I made a card last night for a scrapbooking group that I belong to. They love the Changito monkey and so I made one with that image. I love it too! I used white cardstock for the base, covered it in PP. I matted a strip of Pp with textured cardstock. Then I adhered wide grosgrain ribbon to the base and adhered the thinner shimmer ribbon with brads. The monkey is colored with my pencils and blended with OMS and matted on textured cardstock. The stamped image is adhered with mini pop dots. Ok, so the picture is terrible, I am hoping to do a little editing later on. But, you get the idea.

We are off to HL today with my 40% off coupon, I hope that I can find something to use it on! Who am I kidding?!! I plan to use the coupon on 72 ct. Prismacolor Pencils.

I made a sympathy card for the daughter of our friend that passed. I used the same card template but did not use ribbon on the bottom of the card. I used more PP. I adhered gold brads on the bottom. I stamped the image with my watercolor markers. I really like this image. It is pop dotted for dimension as is the scallop circle. I downloaded a beautiful poem for the inside sentiment. We will making a donation to funeral expenses instead of flowers. This family was really caught off guard with all that has been happening to them.
UPDATE: I got a Penny Black stamp at HL, it's a cute little snowman. Guess I'll break in my prismas with him.

3 comments:

All Pink said...

Brilliant cards love the monkeys ,the colour combinations are great, Dawnx

All Pink said...

Brilliant cards love the monkeys ,the colour combinations are great, Dawnx

mum on the run said...

Great cards, I love those monkeys!!

ShareThis