Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Lazy Day

I am taking the day to so some resting. I have not been sleeping well, so I need it. Unfortunately, I woke up early; but was able to get some rest afterward. I just stayed in bed. It was nice. In fact, I think that I will be taking a nap very soon. Then, it's time to get up and make dinner.

I cut some scallop circles and squares with the Wishblade. I'll just need to cut some smaller circles for the scallop circles. It would most likley be easier to just buy a circle punch! I mounted my snowmen on the squares. They look so nice! I will be mounting them on cards soon. So great to be making some progress finally. Cody wants to make some of these for the kids in his class. He even had the great idea of writing their names on the snowman's belly. I believe that I will do that for his class this year. Last year we made bookmarks.

I got a hair cut yesterday, after months of talking about it. I colored it this morning and will most likely do the highlights next weekend. Gotta cover that gray, it comes from nowhere!

Here is a picture of the view from our front deck. It is such a beautiful day today. I originally wanted to go to Cataloochee to see the elk, but am so glad that we slept in. We will go before the weather gets bad, but we still have a some time. I will be calling The Great Smoky Mountains National Park to get the schedule for hayrides; I'm thinking that we will go this year.

Cody is psyched about the approach of Halloween. He has decided to use the same costume as last year, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. It is a great costume and I'm really glad he is still loving it. I think we'll head to one of the community centers for the festivities instead of going trick or treating. It is just too hard to do it by myself. Of course, he is a little older, but still not enough to walk by himself. The place we used to go is too crowded, but it is a safe neighborhood. We have several community places that have games, candy, contests, etc. to make it fun for the kiddies.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Those snowmen are sooooooo cute.

ShareThis