Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Poor Ziggy

Yesterday Ziggy was sitting by the door and it looked as if he had something in his mouth. Upon further inspection, I noticed that his entire face was swollen. Oh no! Since we live in the mountains surrounded by woods, I just knew that he had been bitten by a snake. Also, he and Jack have recently discovered an old doghouse that we used to use and they have been going in there to play and/ or sleep. Needless to say, it is most likely full of wasps, bees, and hornets, not to mention the fact that they both are covered with fleas from this discovery. I purchased flea dip for them yesterday, but had not yet had the chance to dip them. Ok, so I already had an antibiotic from the vet because Ziggy had some sort of skin irritation; so I gave him the antibiotic and then Duke suggested a Benadryl for the swelling. Duke is still sure that he had not been bitten by a snake; I guess since he weighs less than 5 lbs., a snake bite would have killed him or made him very sick. In any case, we medicated him and waited it out. At about 4:45 a.m., I was able to give him some children's ibuprofen and antibiotic. He then took some water and went outside to do his business. The swelling still hasn't gone down, but he seems to be more active than he was last night. He ate some this morning and did some business. We are certain that he was stung several times and is allergic to the stings. He looks so funny and it is hard not to laugh now that we know that he will be ok. Please say a prayer for the puppy.

I received my blog candy from Corie yesterday too. I am so excited to use it. There is ribbon, magic mesh, SU! stamp set, 2 acrylic stamps, a gorgeous card made by the talented Corie, and some images that she stamped for me. Great, huh!! I need to send a thank you card to her; I'm almost afraid to since my work is no where near as fabulous as hers. I have sent an email telling her that I received it. Isn't it fabulous??!!

I have used the magic mesh before and I do like the effect. The poinsettia images are just exquisite.

We have a friend of ours that is in a coma and her daughter has come from her home to make the decision of whether or not to keep her on life support. The news is grim and she will not make it. Well, if that isn't bad enough, her boyfriend left the hospital yesterday and was killed in a car accident. I tell you, you have to wonder why in the world this family has to go through so much right now. This fella has been a friend of Duke's for over 15 years and he is devastated about it. On top of that, we had to call his ex-wife to tell her. She is our neighbor. We don't know any of the plans at this time.

Guess I will just have a lazy day and tend to the sick puppy. I want to make some cards because October 19th is coming sooner rather than later. Gotta get ready.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG! Poor Ziggy! However, he does look a little happy. Anyway,
looks like Christmas in September for you. Good for you!

Corie said...

OH my poor Ziggy -- Benedryl is the best way to go, it will help with the swelling and the itching. Between the kids and all the animals we ALWAYS have benedryl on hand.

Glad you liked the candy. Thanks for the nice comments about me. Your creations are FANTASTIC, I love them all.

Tandra said...

OH I am SO sorry but I couldnt help but laugh when I saw Ziggys pic! At first I thought it was photoshopped, but then I read he had been stung.
Oh my that pic could win in a contest! He looks like he has a big smile on his face!!

I did see now that he is back to normal! Im enjoying your blog!!

ShareThis