Sunday, September 30, 2007

Peace and Quiet

I have been getting some much needed sleep, but only because I am staying up late and sleeping in in the morning. Slept until 9:30 a.m. today. Duke took Cody and I shopping for fall decorations late yesterday afternoon. We had a good time, but realized again that our tastes are so different and that decorating a home that we share is difficult. We ended up with a wreath and some swags for the front door. We got some of the scarecrows that are so popular and some artificial pumpkins and gourds. I also bought some loose stems and made an arrangement for the coffee table. I think it looks pretty good for a novice and it adds a punch of color to our living room. Maybe I'll start getting decorations and making the house a bit warmer, I just have to remember that I'm not the only one that looks at them. I like things plain, Duke likes more "stuff". I just know that the stuff has to be cleaned!
I made a few more criss cross cards. I like making them, they look more elaborate than they really are. I did this one yesterday afternoon. I used chocolate brown cardstock for the base and then some PP for the triangular pieces. The white cardstock is matted with burgundy textured cardstock. I stamped the sentiment with StazOn Timber Brown ink. I punched the tab with my QK squeeze. Then the Prima flowers have a brad in the center. I used a glue dot to adhere. The band is made from the same textured cardstock as the mat; the orange ribbon is from HL. Really pretty!

I made three black & white criss cross cards, they look so elegant! I used some PP from ScrapWorks. I stamped the cardstock with the small swirl and tiny flower from SU! Priceless on the ivory cardstock. The tab is punched out the my QK squeeze. The flowers are punch out of the PP and black cardstock, I used a McGill daisy punch. I then put a dot of glitter glue in the center (may have been a mistake!) I used the scallop circle punch on PP, then punch out the flower circle with a 1 3/8 circle punch. I punched a hole in the center of the flower with the CAD, and then attached a black brad. It is adhered with a foam square.

Cody wants his friend to come over, but so far, we have not been able to contact them at home. We'll just have to keep trying. I will be taking them to the park, and then maybe rent a few movies. There must be a few cartoons we haven't watched yet.

I am hoping to get my highlights done today. Not sure I can do all of it myself, but I'll get what I can and have Duke do the rest. I may chicken out and just wait until my sister can do it; guess it just depends on how impatient I get.
We bought the Wal-Mart Deli pizza last night and it is delicious! If you haven't tried it, get one. They are packed with toppings and taste great! We got the supreme and every bite had something on it. I think it could use more cheese, but all in all, I was satisifed with it. And, they only take about 15 minutes to bake.

We are working on Cody's spelling words for the week. On Friday he came home with a list of books that he has to read this year. I guess one per week until he has read them all. He brought his first one home and has to be able to read it to his teacher by the next Friday. He may be able to do it on Monday, we'll see. I am so happy that he is into books!

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

Great crisscross card! Love your beautiful fall finds - I am sure they look wonderful! Just found your blog and I have enjoyed looking at your creations so I will be back. *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Flossie's Follies said...

The criss cross cards are such fun, and they do look so elegant, yours is great. Decorating is tough when people have opposite tastes, it will come together will just take a little longer.

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW -- your criss cross cards are FANTASTIC!!!!!

Bethany Paull said...

Those are really great black and white cards. I have such a hard time working without any "color". But these are so elegant and beautiful.

Angie Z. said...

Beautiful criss-cross cards!
~Angie

ShareThis