Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Quick Card

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and got out of bed shortly thereafter. I decided to make a card since I didn't get any time to last night. Unfortunately, there was a pretty bad accident on the road that I travel back and forth to work. There were two helicopters and I stopped counting ambulances at 4, as well as a Rescue Squad truck. BAD! I think that three were killed in a head on collision. I have said a prayer or two for the families.
I used a sketch for this card from SCS, I remembered to write down which one, but I left it at home *duh!* The image is SU! Petals and Paisley; I colored it with watercolor markers. I punched it out and then cut a mat from turquoise cardstock. I layered a scallop circle in for fun. I covered the card base with PP and then cut a mat out of SU! Whisper White. I tied the ribbon and then punched holes with the CAD for the brads. Super quick and easy. I think I might like this one the best. This sketch is great and really versatile.

Here is a picture of the blog candy that I won from Marie. She has a great blog, stop by and take a look. I got to choose items from the SU! catty and I have been wanting to get the scallop circle punch! The StazOn will be great since I use StazOn ink alot. Thanks Marie! Please be sure to check out her site, you'll be inspired. Can't wait to use this stuff.

We're having another hazy day. Cool in the morning, but then in the 90's in the afternoon. It doesn't even start cooling down until after 9:00 p.m. Can't wait for the 70's all day.

And now, for some fun! I have seen this posted on the many blogs that I stalk everyday. I was tagged by Marie:

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet, current car) Feisty Jeep
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream, favorite cookie) Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip
3. YOUR FLY “GUY/GIRL” NAME: (first initial first name, first 3 letters last name) T-HAL
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Red Penguin
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Marie Rockford
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (first 3 letters last name, first 2 letters first name) halti
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite drink and add" the") The Blue Dr. Pepper
8. NASCAR NAME: (first names of your grandfathers) Glenn Martin
9. STRIPPER NAME: (favorite perfume, favorite candy) Angel Kisses
10. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s and father’s middle names) Frances Martin

Now, to tag five people (do I even know that many??)
Here are some blogs that I visit everyday:

Visual Designs by Chris- Chris
Witty Title Here- Heather
Mum-on-the-Run- Cheryl
Beloved Keepsakes- Lori
Creations by Corie- Corie

If you have been tagged already, sorry! Have fun girls!

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love it, funny you got up at 5:00 I did not fall asleep until 4:00am, just could not get to sleep last night. That accident sound terrible what a shame, hope that all the vehicles were to get them to the hospital.

Bethany Paull said...

Sweet! You got to pick your own blog candy. That's awesome. And I love how you used the scalloped circle punch here, peaking out from behind that flower.

ShareThis