Sunday, October 14, 2007

Feeling Lousy

Cody and I went up to the Foothills Parkway, it is only a few miles away from our house. He made the comment a few weeks ago that it is soooo beautiful and he wanted to go back. I meant to take the newspaper with me, but of course, I forgot. I did manage to snap a few pictures however. The leaves have not changed enough to notice, I'll have to go back next week and see if it looks any different.
I made a few cards today and also stamped and colored a few images. I stamped a Christmas Penguin and colored him with Prismas, then blended with OMS and a stump. I cut them out and then cut a scallop square with my WB. I'll post them later.
I stamped some snowflakes with pigment ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. This card was made with one of the snowflakes. I got the image as part of a set from HL. I used a sketch from SCS; I believe SC 129. The card base is light blue, then I matted PP with Bazzill Bling. I then tied some satin ribbon around the mat. The image is then matted with PP and more Bazzill Bling. Both mats are then adhered to the card base.
I used sketch SC 36 for this card. I used a chocolate brown cardstock base and then tore the edge of a pretty piece of PP. It is adhered to the card front and then a brown satin ribbon is tied in the middle. I stamped the sentiment with a set from EK Success that I got from HL last week. It is stamped in StazOn Timber Brown. I punched out the sentiment with a 1 1/4" punch, it is layered on a 1 3/8" punched circle from PP. Those pieces are layered onto a scallop circle. The scallop circle is then adhered to the card front on top of the ribbon. I really lke the look of the satin ribbon, it adds a touch of elegance and formality.

I plan on getting back into the craft room once I have dinner in the oven. Today I am making some pork chops with cheesy scalloped potatoes and green beans.

I am hoping that I will only be sick one more day. I am feeling stuffy and sluggish, but better than yesterday. I am crossing my fingers that it means that I am improving each day.

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your Christmas Card and the colors you used on the Fall card is great. Thanks for sharing.

My Paper World said...

Both beautiful! I love the snowflake on the first one and the really pretty paper on the fall one!

ShareThis