Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Ok, so we had a great time at the Halloween Carnival. The boy did great playing and winning prizes (not that any of them were too hard). We left around 6:15 p.m., which was sooner than I had originally planned. He said he was tired and ready for bed...WOOHOO!

I made a Christmas card last night. The random ones I am doing are going to my family in Wisconsin and Illinois. Since there are not many from home that I send to, I thought this would be a good plan. For everyone else, I have made the same card. I found it here. Great idea, not complicated, and very unique. Gotta love it!

For this card I started with a Bazzill cardstock base. The PP is inked, then the ribbon is tied in a knot and adhered to the card front. I stamped the image on the front with olive dye ink twice onto SU! Whisper White cardstock, the larger circle was cut out with a Coluzzle circle template. I then punched out the center of the second image with a 1 1/2" circle punch and used pop dots to adhere to the larger circle. I punched 1/16" holes and adhered the brads. The sentiment at the bottom is from Verve Visual's set Winter Wonder. The inside is stamped with a SU! Christmas set, not sure of the name. Once assembled, I added glitter glue to the green parts of the tree.

On another note, I was asked by the school to make some "pretties" to donate to a fundraiser they are hosting for one of the teachers on November 17th. She was recently diagnosed with cancer and has already left school for about four months to undergo treatment. Devastating! Anyways, they are hoping to raise money to help her family with medical and monthly expenses. I will know more details once I am able to talk to Cody's teacher and/ or the principal in the coming days. My heart goes out to them and I am so happy to see the school do what is right for her!

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

That's sad news about the teacher, I'm glad that the school is giving her support.
Great christmas card, it's very pretty!

ShareThis