Tuesday, October 23, 2007

House Mouse

Ok, so I got these House Mouse images in the acrylic version over the weekend. They are cute, but man, they are intimidating to color. I used my Prismas and blended with OMS and a paper stump. I inked around the edge of the image once I trimmed it. The image is then double matted with PP. A kraft cardstock base is covered in striped PP; it reminds me of those designer candy canes. I cut a slit in the crease of the card with a Fiskars craft knife, then threaded the sheer ribbon through and tid a knot. The sentiment is stamped with black ink; it is from the Winter Wonder set from Verve Visual . I used a sketch from Splitcoast Stampers; one of these days I'll remember to jot down which one I used. I also stamped a sentiment inside, it's from a SU! set.

Well, we have not heard from our friends about their grandchild yet. Maybe it was too late to call or maybe she hasn't given birth yet. Got my fingers crossed for a safe delivery and a healthy baby and momma.

We are expecting lots of rain over the next few days; we sure need it. I thought it would be freezing cold this morning, but it was quite warm. Maybe the calm before the storm; the wind was whipping through the trees and it sounded awful outside. The wind really scares me, we had a tree come down on the house when I was pregnant and now I find myself praying every time the wind blows that it doesn't happen again.

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

You did an awesome coloring job with these cute little guys, your card is wonderful. Don't worry about the tree, you get one per lifetime and you had your already.

My Paper World said...

Awwww! such a sweet image and I love the pretty paper too!

ShareThis