Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Sister's Birthday

My sister has her 35th birthday on the 6th of November. I made this card for her last night; it took forever. I used SCS Sketch #93 for it. I started the base with black cardstock which was scored with Scor-Pal. Then I chose some Basic Grey paper, I think it's from Scarlet's Letter. I stamped the butterfly from SU! Priceless with red dye ink and then outlined the dotted lines with glue. Then I sprinkled some glitter on it. I love sparkle! I matted the butterfly with black DP which I trimmed with deco scissors; that piece is then matted with a tan textured cardstock. I folded the DP down and then stamped the polka dots with black dye ink; the dots are from su! Polka Dots & Paisley. Then, I trimmed a piece of black DP with deco scissors and matted the triangular fold. The clip is adhered to the card front with a brad. The sentiment is from SU! Smorgasborders, it is stamped with red dye ink and then the edges are inked. The flower is held together with a brad and then adhered to the cardstock base with a pop dot. I used DP inside the card and printed a quote on vellum; the vellum is adhered with brads. I sure hope she has a great birthday, she's been a little blue lately!

We are having some friends over for dinner this weekend. I showed her some of the boxes and other projects I have been doing, and she wants me to show her how to do it. So, we'll eat and then start creating; should be fun! Duke downloaded some lasagna recipes, maybe I'll try one for them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThe boy got himself dressed this morning, normally he does an ok job of choosing matching clothes. But, TODAY he was wearing blue socks, blue gym shorts, and a black Star Wars long sleeve shirt- I wish that I had taken a photo! All I could do was say "NO NO NO!"

The picture above is from a summer ago when he decided to dress himself to go to the river. Does this ensemble scream "old man" or what??? Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Jenn D said...

Gorgeous card! I love the black and white with the pop of red.

Kids are so funny in what they pick to wear. My son likes to wear his pants low and tells me "I don't want my pants high like papa!" We all laugh at that all of the time. At least he got dressed though right? My 2 year old is a big stripper. I can't keep clothes on him.

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your card, love black and white card and your red just pops on it. You sone is adorable, what a great picture.

My Paper World said...

Stunning card, your sis will love it!
Great fun pic of your son too!

ShareThis