Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oh, the Cooler Weather

It has been below freezing the last two mornings. Although I am enjoying the cool down, I do not like freezing cold! It's the whole reason I moved to Tennessee from Illinois.
This is a card I did over the weekend. I started with a black cardstock base that is covered with Basic Grey DP. I then put a red Christmas ribbon over the seam. I colored the image some time ago and mounted it on a scallop square cut on my WB. The image is adhered with pop dots.
The sentiment is stamped with red dye ink. It is from the Winter Wonder set from Verve Visual. I have really enjoyed the sets I got from them.
I still need to stamp something on the inside for it to be ready for the mail.
Our friends are busy getting to know their first grandchild. They called and are so proud of their daughter and the newest addition to their family. I can't remember all the baby deets, but he and mama are healthy and doing well. I am just thrilled for them!
Tonight is the Halloween Carnival at school. I plan to only stay an hour or so. The boy should get plenty of fun time within that timeframe. I purchased some prizes for his class, just some pencils and erasers. Should be a good time.

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Wow, what a great card, love your background paper and punch of color.

My Paper World said...

Love the cute snowman, the fabby paper and the red sentiment really stands out! Beautiful card!

ShareThis