Monday, October 8, 2007

Surprises

Well, the office move didn't happen today. At least the office didn't move, but some of our other furniture made its way to the new place. I can hardly wait to get moved, but the packing and unpacking is for the birds.
This is the card that I made tonight. I used a light blue cardstock for the base. The flowers are from SU! Priceless and is stamped on SU! Whisper White cardstock with navy and light blue pigment ink from Colorbok. I also heat embossed each image with clear embossing powder; then each was punched out with a square punch and the corners were rounded and inked. I embossed Bazzill Bling textured cardstock with the swirl Cuttlebug embossing folder using my wizard. I used a 3/4" circle punch on the PP to replicate a ticket corner. The PP is adhered to the card front, then the embossed piece is adhered. The ribbon from American Crafts covers the seam. I stamped the swirl from SU! Priceless on the metal rimmed tag, then heat set with a heat gun. The sentiment is from a Clearly Wordsworth set and is also heat set. The tag is then fastened to the knot in the bow with gold stretchy string.

Duke's visit with the doctor went as well as can be expected. Of course, he didn't talk to her about the things he needed to, but his arthritis meds were changed. Hopefully, these will work and help him be able to function day to day.

1 comment:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is lovely, the embossed background and that wide gignham ribbon. Hope all is well with Duke and his new meds work better.

ShareThis