Friday, October 19, 2007

Triangle Fold Card

Made this card last night. I love the Changito Monkey by Stampendous. He is adorable. He is stamped with StazOn Timber Brown onto SU! Whisper White and then colored in with Prismas and blended with OMS and a paper stump; the edges are inked. I matted the image on a piece of PP from Cosmo Cricket, the edges are inked. The card base is a chocolate color and the triangular pieces are PP from Cosmo Cricket. I used satin ribbon to tie it. The tutorial for this card is here.
Let me just say that the scoring of this and other paper is soooo much easier with the Scor-Pal. I loved how easy it was to get a straight crease and it looks so good.
The boy has a field trip today, but it is raining so hard right now; they may not get to go. Anyways, Duke is a chaperone and I wish with all my heart that I could be there to experience it with them, but I must work. I am so glad that Duke is able to participate with Cody. He wasn't able to do it with his other children because he worked so much. The life of a detective is unpredictable. In any case, Cody came along much later in his life and he appreciates him so much more; at least the time that he spends with him. Poor guy goes to work tonight, so I'm not sure this was a good idea. Should be fun and I can hardly wait to hear about it.
I finally got my home PC back from being repaired. We told the guy "no hurry", and he really took it to heart- he's had it for about 5 weeks. I gave it a big hug this morning and I'll hook her up tonight when I get home. I sure have missed having it there. I have my laptop, but it's not hooked up to a printer or some of the other things I need, so it has been really inconvenient to have the PC out of the home.
My boss recently bought a house that we have his business in. Well, there is a building that used to be a beauty shop on the property and his daughter/ business partner has convinced me that I need to get some cards and other projects ready to sell...that I can use that building. She is also going to be using it for a drop off site for supplies for soldiers. She has adopted about 115 soldiers and they each need something. She is also very active in the VFW, she does their newsletter and is on the recruitment committee (I think!). It seems like every month we are adding more soldiers to the list and now we have decided to help more by providing a place where people can drop off supplies to send to them. I hope that we are successful in getting these men and women what they need and want; making their experience a little more tolerable. They need to know that we think about them and support their choices. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

I love that cute monkey, the gorgeous paper and the cute ribbon!

ShareThis