Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Verve Visual

On Monday, I got the Verve Visual stamps that I ordered on Friday. Great experience, I love it when you get almost instant gratification. I made this card with the sets that I purchased. Both are so beautiful. I stamped the snowflakes onto SU! Whisper White cardstock with Colorbok pigment ink. I used some blues and a silver, then heat set with a heat gun. I then sponged lightly over the top of the images with a blue pigment ink and heat set once more. The Bazzill Bling cardstock is embossed using the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. An eyelet was set with my CAD and then I threaded some white sparkly ribbon through the hole. I stamped the sentiment and the snowflake circle border with pigment ink and then heat set it. It was punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch, some Bazzill Bling cardstock was punched with a 1 1/4" circle punch, and the scallop was punched with my SU! scallop circle punch. I mounted the scallop circle with pop dots.

I then made this tin for my aunt. We will have a lunch date some time this week or next week, so I wanted to give her something special. I have not seen her in some time and it will be great to catch up with her and spend some more time with her. I now work about 1/2 mile away from her house. I keep telling her that she needs to cook me lunch everyday, she's a great cook. Unfortunately, she just laughs at this request.

I used the SU! Smorgasborders stamp set yet again. This time I sponged the background of the label to add a little interest. The polka dot ribbon is American Crafts. The sentiment is from a set from My Sentiments Exactly. I sure hope she likes it!

Grade cards come out today. I am anxiously awaiting Cody's grades and the excitement that will ensue! I know that he has done well, it will just be great to have him realize that all the work we do at school and at home is helping him get ahead. He gets so frustrated sometimes with me and the whole "let's read" mission I am on, but in the end, I know that it is for his own good. Hopefully, he will realize this soon enough.

Oh, I also received the Scor-Pal I ordered way back in August. They were on backorder and it finally shipped out the last of September. Thanks to my fabulous local PO, the darn thing was delivered to the wrong house. Needless to say, over a week and a half later I am a darn happy gal since I have it in my paws! Got lots of things planned for this tool and I hope it makes scoring cards easy!

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

LOVE your card, it is awesome and your little treats are great. You must let me know about the Scor Pal, it is on my wish list, think it is something that Santa will be bringing.

My Paper World said...

Great card, really beautiful.
Your Aunt will love the tin! its gorgeous too!

Bethany Paull said...

I love what you did with your snowflake stamps! Those colors and gorgeous. And that ribbon...YUM!

ShareThis