Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome Baby

Duke's friend's daughter is going to the hospital today to have labor induced. Hopefully, this means that a baby will follow shortly. They are having a boy to be named Jacob. This is the card that I made for them. I used a kraft cardstock base, scored with my new BFF Scor-Pal. Love it! I covered the front with PP. Then I stamped the image on SU! Whisper White cardstock with StazOn Jet Black ink. I colored in the image with Prismas and blended with OMS and a paper stump. Then, I masked the baby's legs and hands and sponged with blue ink. The fabric tab is adhered to the image and then the image is double matted and mounted with pop dots. The cardstock strip is matted with more cardstock, I stamped the sentiment and then a few flowers with Bazzinks. I tied the ribbon and then added a diaper pin.

The inside is finished with PP. A quote was printed onto vellum and adhered to the PP with brads. The holes for the brads were punched with my CAD. The quote is:
'Babies are God's proof that the best things do come in small packages.'

All that was left was to sign the inside and then deliver. We are getting them some diapers and some Paladin. Palaldin is super fantastic diaper rash cream, we love it. You can't find it in the stores here, but I have ordered some and am having it delivered to her parents' home. I can hardly wait to see pictures and share in the excitement of a new person to love. I truly am very happy for them.

It was a little nippy this morning when we left for school/ work. The boy had to wear pants and a hoodie. I really like the crisp air in the morning, I'm so glad that the cooler weather has come.

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love that image and your paper, too cute.

My Paper World said...

I adore this! that baby image is so cute!

Bethany Paull said...

VERY cute! I love the little diaper pin stuck in the ribbon.

ShareThis