Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Card Box

This was made for Cody's teacher for Thanksgiving. I will put some 4x4 note cards and envelopes inside. The box is made with Bazzill textured cardstock; the template is on Becky Oehler's site. I made a belly band for it out of Bazzill Bling textured cardstock, then covered with a strip of PP from The Paper Studio. The tree image is from Hero Arts and was stamped with StazOn Timber Brown. I colored it with Prismas, then blended with OMS and a stump. I used the Spellbinders Rectangle Nesties to cut out and emboss the image. It is matted onto a scalloped rectangle cut from Bazzill Bling. I used pop dots to adhere to the band. I trimmed a strip of the PP and adhered to the edge of the part that goes inside the box (the word eludes me at the time.)

Here are the 4x4 Thank You cards I have inlcuded. I also made the envelopes with directions found on the Scor Pal website. So clever and easy.

I used MFT set, How Sweet It Is, for the image and sentiment. They were stamped with StazOn Jet Black onto Cryogen White cardstock. The image was colored in with Prismas and then blended with OMS and a stump. I used brown dye ink to stamp the kisses onto the chocolate cardstock, using the SAMJ to line it up. Love that thing!! The image was then cut out with the rectangle nestie from Spellbinders, I also embossed it.
The other card was covered with PP, then the satin ribbon was tied around. The knot is adhered with a small glue dot. The ribbon matches IRL.
Oh, yesterday I got my prize from Diane at My Little Stampin' Spot. Not only did she send the winning card, but also a WHOLE pack of SU! Cool Caribbean cardstock! Wow, so generous. Thanks Diane!!

We will be going out to dinner for Thanksgiving this year. I have had a falling out with my parents and we simply don't want to deal with Duke's family. I think it will be much nicer, since it will be just the three of us. We have not decided on a place, but there are plenty of options.

We are having a Thanksgiving dinner at work tomorrow. Not traditional foods, but a variety of our favorite foods. Should be interesting. Then, off for four days; I can hardly wait! I have been in dire need of a break, so this is coming at the right time.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

NEAT! So many are doing altered boxes of various sorts this time of year and I'm loving them! Your note cards are very cute too :) (my girls' teachers are both male, so I have the hardest time coming up with stamped or handmade anything for them??) Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your Thanksgiving card and the Thank you cards are great, love that set, you coloring is fantstic.

My Paper World said...

Beautiful projects!

Lynn said...

Wow, your son's teacher will love these cards, you did an awesome job coloring with the OMS!

ShareThis