Friday, November 2, 2007

A Christmas Card

Thanks to Julie for this great idea and tutorial for a Christmas card. She has a great site and makes awesome things. I stalk her blog everyday.
Here is the card that I made using her idea. Mine is a bit plain, but I did add the bling. Love the bling! I started with a Bazzill textured cardstock base. I followed the video tutorial for the cutting and then embellished on my own. The poinsettia is from the Seasonal Circles set from Verve Visual; it is stamped onto SU! Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the outline first and then used the SAMJ for placement of the flower. It sorta moved on the middle flower, but I think it looks ok. I then added the rhinestones to the centers. The ribbon was run through the Xyron X, and then adhered to the card base. The inside is stamped with the sentiment in the Seasonal Circles set.

I punched a hole in the top with my CAD. The white eyelet was set with same, and the string is Martha Stewart. I will be replacing it with some silver stretch cord before sending it.

I finally got my carpet cleaned last night, I have been on the schedule since August. Since I am a friend of the fella that owns the company, I got the very reduced rate of "free". We have a dark green carpet and it was really dirty. Man, they did a great job and now we are on a quarterly schedule with them. Of course, as per Murphy's Law, Duke spilled a cup of soda this morning! You have to laugh!!

The weekend will be filled with cleaning and creating. I have several ideas for the fundraiser for one of Cody's teachers. They will be auctioning off things to help with medical and other expenses while she undergoes treatment for cancer. I am so honored to have been asked to help.

ShareThis