Monday, November 26, 2007

The Day Ahead

I made this card yesterday along with a few others so that I can be ahead in making posts without having to create something everyday. Not sure this is smart, but I'm trying it.

I again used the image from MFT Hot Stuff. It is stamped onto Cryogen White with StazOn Timber Brown. It is colored with prismas, then blended with OMS and a stump. I used a purple spica pen on the mug, and gold for the steam.

The card base is Bazzill Bling, cut to 4.25 square. I covered with striped PP from MME Wild Asparagus paper pad. I faux ticket corner punched all the corners and adhered. Another strip of Bazzill Bling cardstock is covered with polka dot PP from the same paper pad. Three bows of brown/ white checkered ribbon was added to the bottom of the strip and then adhered. The final strip of Bazzill Bling was embossed with the swirl embossing folder from Cuttlebug, I think it imitates and accentuates the steam in the image. The image is then added to the far left of the strip and it is adhered.

The sentiment is stamped with navy blue dye ink.

6 comments:

All Pink girl said...

OOOO this is gorgeous love the stamp with the yummy papers ,Dawnx

Terrie B x said...

Love this & all your work ;) thanks for visiting my blog:)

Jenn D said...

Blogger is giving me issues and I can't see this card, but I am sure it's beautiful as are the others on your blog. I say Go for it and apply. In my mind the worst that can happen is someone says "No" to me and I keep plugging along. I've had plenty of rejections from magazines and I just have to keep my chin up and continue to plug along.

My Paper World said...

I love it all! the colours, the image and that gorgeous ribbon!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the triple ribbon, this is so pretty.

Lynn said...

This card makes me want a cup of coffee or a latte its so delicious!
Love the embossing, the image and that ribbon, great work!

ShareThis