Sunday, November 18, 2007

Gift Tube

I couldn't sleep early this morning and decided to make something. I had a Crystal Light container and had seen that crafters were altering them. I have tons of these things somewhere, I knew I should be saving them.
I started with PP, cut at 8.5x6.25 for the body of the container. I adhered it with red line tape. I then cut a strip of Bazzill textured cardstock at 2x8.5 and adhered to the center of the container. I adhered "Merry Christmas" ribbon to the center of the belly band (can't be seen from the picture). The main image is stamped with VersaMagic Spanish Olive chalk ink; it is an Autumn Leaves acrylic set. I then cut it out with Spellbinders Nesties, Circles; then embossed. The scalloped circle was cut in the same manner with red cardstock. The image is adhered to the scalloped circle and then mounted onto the container with pop dots.

The lid is covered with PP, cut with Coluzzle. The red scalloped circle was cut with SU! Scallop Circle punch, a Bazzill textured cardstock mat was punched out with a 1 1/2" circle punch, and then adhered to the scalloped circle. The image is one of a set from the $ bin at Michael's. I colored Santa with Prismas, then blended with OMS and a stump. It is then punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch. All pieces were adhered together and then mounted onto the lid with pop dots and glue.

Thin ribbon was glue to the rim of the lid for decoration. I stuffed some paper shreds to the inside for padding for a gift card or whatever will go inside. A circle was cut with Coluzzle and adhered in the underside of the lid to cover the pop dots. I used Bazzill textured cardstock.

I won a great gift for Duke on Ebay. I love Ebay. He has been wanting a tripod for his camera; he really loves taking photographs and we even have some of his pictures in the house. In any case, I have been trouble finding one for him without spending a fortune. I got one on Ebay for less than $4!! Can you believe it?! Even with shipping, it is less that $13.00. I am so excited!!

I'll be going for an eye exam by the end of the month. I will be getting eyeglasses for my Christmas gift. It's rather boring, but it is something that I really need and want. I will get more than that, of course, but they will be my big gift. Duke and I are at the point in our lives that we really don't need anything, and have pretty minimal wants. So, it's hard to decide what to get each other for Christmas. We have been focusing our efforts on making sure that Cody has a great Christmas and gets most of what he asks Santa for. He has been really easy to please so far, but I know as he ages, it will get harder and harder.

4 comments:

My Paper World said...

This is gorgeous! I especially love the cute little lid!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your container, the paper is great. Know what you mean about Christmas and children, it is so wonderful to see the smile on their faces Christmas moring.

Kristine said...

Oh, what a great gift idea!! LOVE it! New glasses huh? :) I have them and have to say, although I don't NEED to wear them all the time (mainly for driving and seeing tv) I love it every 2 years when my insurance will pay a large part for new ones. Kinda like getting a new outfit :) Congrats and have a Merry Christmas!!

Silvergirl said...

Wonderful gift idea! I love this!

Thanks for sharing,
Lisa

ShareThis