Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that you have much to be thankful for, I know I do. We are preparing to go out to dinner later; I am wearing my elastic band pants so I have plenty of room!! LOL

I made these cards for my bosses. They really don't seem like bosses, more like family. In fact, I like them MORE than I like my family. I am thankful that I work for such nice people who have a genuine interest in me and my family.

I used the turkey stamp; he is stamped with StazOn Jet Black onto Cryogen White cardstock. I used my Prismas to color him, then blended with OMS and a stump. I really love the shimmer of the cardstock. I used the Nestabilities to cut them out and emboss them. The image is then mounted onto a chocolate cardstock scalloped rectangle cut with Nestabilities also.

On this one, I used PP to cover the chocolate cardstock base. The PP is from The Paper Studio; I got it at HL when paper is 50% off. I then cut a strip of Bazzill textured cardstock as mock ribbon and adhered. I used my SAMJ to place the sentiment onto the strip. The sentiment is from SU! Polka Dots and Paisley. I punched 1/16" holes for the copper brads. The image was then adhered to the card front with pop dots.

For this one, I covered the beige cardstock base with DP from Cosmo Cricket. I really like this paper, just not sure of the name of it. The beige cardstock strip was added as faux ribbon and I, again, used the SAMJ to line up the sentiment. It is stamped with brown dye ink. The image was then added to the card front.

Inside both cards is the word Thanksgiving. Really simple! I am sure they will be a hit. I am much more pleased with the coloring of the turkey this time around. I guess I was in a hurry when I did the other one. I took Bethany's advice and looked up some photos of my subject to better choose colors.

Should be a pretty quiet day, which I am thankful for. Nothing is better than having no expectations and not being on someone else's time schedule. I have always hated that part of any holiday.

Happy eating and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

Cute cards! Your bosses will love them!

ShareThis