Friday, November 23, 2007

My First Order

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and got plenty to eat.

I made this for the Guidance Counselor at Cody's school. She saw the one that I made for Cody's teacher and loved it. She loves pink and mostly sends Thinking of You cards, so this is what I decided to make for her. There are 4 cards with matching envelopes. It's my first paying gig!

I used the same box template as before. I used SU! Regal Rose cardstock. I then cut the belly band from GP white cardstock and covered with PP. The PP is from a stack from ScrapWorks. Next time I might try to stamp the box itself as it seems a bit plain.
The cards are 4x4 and one layer for the most part. The image on this one was stamped with VersaMark ink and allowed to dry. I stamped the flower and vase from a Wordsworth set onto SU! Whisper White with StazOn Jet Black. I colored it in with Prismas and then blended with OMS and a stump. I then added sparkle with my Spica pens. I went around the edges of the flowers with pink and then traced the vase with silver. I recommend these pens highly, the sparkle is fantastic and the ink comes out evenly. I then just trimmed around it and then mounted it onto the card front. I stamped the sentiment with black dye ink and decided to overlap it onto both layers. The inside has been left blank so she can write her message.

On this one, I stamped again with VersaMark using the same flower image; which is Autumn Leaves. I then got out Pebbles shimmer chalks and used a dark pink to rub onto the image. Now that I have tried this technique, I will be using it again. It really makes a statement, but is still subdued and pretty. I used the polka dots circle from PTI's Paper Tray set to randomly stamp around the main image. I used Baby Pink dye ink from All Night Media. I then just stamped the sentiment with black dye ink. Again, the inside is blank.

Today will be filled with lots and lots of rest. I feel mentally exhausted, and this break is just what I need to relax and get my head back on. I hope that I have lots of stamping and crafting time too. Of course, I'll have some housework to do *cringe!* But, all in all, I just want to rest.

Duke got up this morning to get a few things from Wal-Mart; a portable DVD player for Cody and an SD card for my camera. Can you believe they have a 2GB for $12.88?? I sure hope they have each thing when he gets there.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Tina,
This is a perfect little gift, I love how you made this, very pretty.
Hope you get some needed rest :)

My Paper World said...

Such a cute set!

Terrie B x said...

lovely cards:)

ShareThis