Thursday, November 15, 2007

Snowflakes

I used Verve Visual's Winter Wonder set for this card. I started with a kraft cardstock base . I cut the PP to fit the bottom half of the card. I stamped the snowflakes with VersaMark and then brushed PearlEx onto them. I used four different colors and it is very shimmery. I used a Swiffer cloth to get rid of the excess PearlEx dust. I then tied olive grosgrain ribbon around the card to cover the seam.

The image is a Studio G stamp from Michael's. I stamped it on SU! Whisper White cardstock then colored it with Prismas, blended with OMS and a stump. I stamped the sentiment with chalk ink.

Each image and mat layer was cut with Nesties, the two plain shapes were embossed. I used Bazzill textured cardstock for the mats. The holes for the brads were made with a CAD, then the brads were added.

I found that adding the PearlEx with a stencil brush was very messy and not very effective. I got it everywhere. What is the best way to add these powders?

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

This is beautiful! I love the scalloped frame, it looks perfect!

Theresa said...

Sounds like a ton of work! But well worth it!

All Pink girl said...

Beautiful card ,love it ,Dawnx

ShareThis