Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanks a Latte

I have received a couple of great things in the mail over the weekend; unfortunately, I didn't take photos. I ordered some stuff from Corie, and she sent a gorgeous card, and some more awesome goodies. Thanks Corie!! She is so fab, right!!
A friend from an MSN group sent a set of clear stamp sentiments from KI Memories. They are very nice! I am a lucky, lucky girl!! Thanks Jamie, I love them.
This card is yet another with the same set from My Favorite Things. Can you tell that I love it?! I started with a Taken with Teal cardstock base. I layered on PP from the MME Wild Asparagus paper pad. The edges of the PP are inked with chocolate dye ink.
The mugs from MFT's Hot Stuff set is stamped onto GP white cardstock with StazOn Jet Black ink. I colored them in with prismas, then blended with OMS and a stump. I then stamped and colored another that I then cut out and adhered over the same with pop dots. Once I cut out the image with my trimmer, I used my Scor-Pal to make the embossed lines. Then, I used JudiKins Diamond Glaze to make the mugs shiny, like in real life.
I tied a length of sheer polka dotted ribbon around the card base. Then, the image was layered onto SU! Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhered to the card front with pop dots.
The sentiment was stamped with chocolate brown dye ink. I used the SU! Mat Pack Piercing Guide to make the holes for the brads and the piercing on the upper corners.
I am giving this to my boss who, yesterday, found CandyLand and Chutes & Ladders for Cody. When I looked this weekend, they only had each of those in the Dora the Explorer version. Although we love Dora, I wanted the original version of the games. Cody has those on his list for Santa.
On a funny note, they made a Christmas List at school on Tuesday; they will be published in the local newspaper late next month. This is what Cody's said " Dear Santa, I really need some cough syrup, the Green Egss & Ham movie, Candy Land, Chutes & Ladders, Memory, Yu Gi Oh cards, a pencil sharpener, and Clifford the Big Red Dog toy. Bring Mom a diamond ring. Bring dad a new car. I'll leave you milk and cookies." Don't ya just love it?? Oh, read a few posts down to find out what he did when I didn't buy him the toy that he wanted, you'll get a good laugh!

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

So cute! Love the colour combo it's gorgeous!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great, can't believe that cough syrup is #1 on his list. Love kids, never know what they will say

Bethany Paull said...

Ooooh! You have a Score Pal! That's been on mind my lately. Love the embossed lines you made with it.

ShareThis