Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Won!

I won a little contest at My Little Stampin' Spot, and am awaiting some terrific goodies. Please stop by and visit Diane for inspiration, she has a great site.

It is a day for running around, I have had two showings and am expected to have another one later this afternoon. I sure hope that we can get some of our vacancies filled. If it wasn't drizzling rain, this would be great! I just hate driving in the rain.

I made this card last night using some scraps. The card base is Bazzill textured cardstock.The Penny Black image was stamped on SU! Whisper White with red dye ink. I matted it on a piece of dark brown cardstock and then punched hole for the brown brads.

I stamped the dot border in the bottom of the card with VersaMagic sage chalk ink, then went over the dots with a glaze pen. The swirl on top was stamped twice, first in the sage chalk ink then with brown dye ink. The small accent flowers were stamped with olive dye ink.

I can hardly believe that I made a card with no ribbon and/ or Nesties. Guess is looks ok.

Ziggy seems to be doing well and has recovered for the most part from Sunday's accident. We are still planning to give him away to a loving family; he's just too much work for us.

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week; where has this year gone? I have always heard that the years pass more quickly once you are an adult, but this one has been a blur.

1 comment:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a beautiful card, love the elegance and simplicity of it.

ShareThis