Monday, December 3, 2007

Another Monday

Well, the Christmas cards that I made for Duke's co-workers were a big hit! I'm glad they all liked them.

A while back, Bethany Paull sent me a card and she also included Elzybells images and sentiments. I have been so afraid to use them, thinking I'd mess them up and not be able to replace them. Well, I went for it on these two cards. She is stamped onto SU! Whisper White with StazOn Jet Black.

I used SU! Regal Rose for the card base. I cut a piece of PP from KI Memories Funky Paper Pad II and adhered to the card base. Next, a piece of Curious Metallic Ice Gold cardstock was embossed using the snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder. The paper is so pretty and it looks great with the embossed snowflakes!

I colored the image with Prismas, then blended with OMS and a stump. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut out the image as well as the scalloped shapes.

I then went over the coat with my pink At You Spica Pen in pink. The fluff on her coat as well as the areas with snow are white Tulip Puffy paint. I let it air dry for about 30 minutes before heating it with my heat gun.

I used a dark pink stitched ribbon from HL to tie around the embossed piece of cardstock and then adhered to the card front. The sentiment was adhered and then I placed some pink bling on the sides.

The image was placed onto the scalloped shape and then it was adhered with pop dots. The inside sentiment was stamped with pink dye ink. These are ready for the mail.

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What an adorable card, love the pink.

Lynn said...

Oh, this is so pretty, I like the pinks with the white embossed snowflakes!

Jenn D said...

These are adorable! I love my Elzybells. I think you did a fantastic job coloring them in.

Bethany Paull said...

These are so adorable. I wish I had sent more, so I could see what you do with them.

ShareThis