Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Blue Christmas

I made this Christmas card for a friend of mine, going in the mail today. The cardstock base is stamped with VersaMark ink using SU! Petals and Paisley's polka dot background. I used the SAMJ to line it up properly.

I stamped the tree from a SU! set (?) with StazOn Jet Black ink onto SU! Whisper White cardstock. I mounted it onto an olive green Bazzill textured cardstock after using the SU! Piercing Guide in the corner. I made the mat a bit longer than the image. I traced the tree with my olive At You Spica pen. It is so sparkly! I then scalloped the bottom of the mat using my corner rounder with the guard removed. Lastly, I wrapped the ribbon around it and tied a knot.

I then stamped the sentiment from the SU! Petals and Paisley set on the front using navy blue dye ink. The inside sentiment is stamped with navy dye ink as well.

My sister called last night and has informed me that she may be moving back home. We are originally from Illinois. After talking to her, I realize that she needs a new start for a better life. She has made some poor decisions, and has not been able to get her life back on track because she isn't really making any changes. I am praying that she does the right thing and is able to better herself. She certainly needs a sunnier disposition; she has been blue for too long.

2 comments:

All Pink girl said...

OOOh gorgeous card ,love your colour choice again ,Dawnx

My Paper World said...

I LOVE the scallop, and the colours are great!
Best wishes to your sister, I hope she has some good luck. xx

ShareThis