Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Caught a Bug

The doctors changed Duke's antibiotic and he is feeling sooooo much better. The swelling is going down and he is back to his ornery old self; I am so relieved. He's optimistic about coming home before the weekend, I'm not so sure. He is still in isolation, but things are looking up. Thanks for all the well wishes, I am certain that they helped.

I made this card for Duke. I love the little bug design, so cute. He is from a set from Langley Boy Designs; purchased from Gina K. Love it!
Anyway, I started with a SU! Cool Caribbean card base. I stamped the circle borders from PTI Borders & Corners {Circle} set with VersaMagic chalk ink.
I matted this wavy, dotty PP with Bazzill textured cardstock, the PP is from a KI Memories paper pack. I used Coluzzle to cut the circle from CTMH PP, then used a SU! Horizontal Slot Punch to thread the ribbon on either side of the circle. The ribbon is from HL and is adhered to the mat. I then attached the mat to the card front.
I stamped this cutie pie bug with Brilliance Graphite Black ink onto Cryogen White cardstock. He is colored with copics, and I highlighted his antenae, legs, and arms with a black Atyou Spica glitter pen.
He is cut out and embossed with oval Nestabilites, as is the scalloped oval mat. The image is attached to the center of the circle with foam squares.
I stamped with inside with a sentiment for the set as well as another I have. It says "Heard you caught a bug, Bee well soon!"
He loved it and has been showing it to everyone in sight. I am very thankful that he is feeling better.

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

So glad to hear the wonderful news. Love your little "buggy" cards, I have two of these cute little guys, they are great.

My Paper World said...

Very cute card! Very glad to hear the good news! xx

ShareThis