Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Faux Silk

At least that's what I think this technique is called. I stamped images from PTI's Spiral Bouquet set. These stamps are so pretty that I didn't want to use them. Of course, I shunned that idea after a few minutes and got them inked up. I used VersaMagic chalk ink (Jewel Box) to make the 8.5x11 PP. I then cut off enough for the card front. I covered it with a glue stick and then layered on my crumpled tissue paper. Ironically, the tissue paper is from the packaging of this very stamp set.

I stamped the sentiment from the same set onto SU! Whisper White cardstock and then pierced holes for the brads using my SU! Mat Pack guide. The polished silver brads were then added and the sentiment was matted with burgundy cardstock. It is adhered to the card using pop dots.
I didn't feel the need to add anything else as I wanted the PP to be the star of the show. Does it look too plain?
Ok, so I almost have all my Christmas shopping done. Just a few more small things for the boy and I can relax a bit. Of course, I'm sure I'll add to his collection here and there, but the bulk of it is done.

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is awesome, love everything about it.

Lynn said...

What a pretty card and a great technique, and I love this stamp set!

My Paper World said...

Wow! It's really beautiful! Great technique it looks fab!

Bethany Paull said...

Definitely not too plain! I love it. What a perfect technique for these stamps. Now that I see it, you'd think they were made for each other.

ShareThis