Saturday, December 29, 2007

Finally, A Card

I spent a bit of time in my craft corner last night and managed to make two cards. It really felt good to sit and create, even if I had to throw out a few things.

The colors of this card match much more closely IRL, don't know why the camera changes the colors. Ah well.
I started with an ivory cardstock base, and then covered with PP cut just slightly smaller. The flowers and stem from PTI's Spiral Bouquet are stamped with Colorbox pigment ink in gold, green, and an auburn color onto natural cardstock.

The image is then die cut and embossed using Nestabilities. The opposite side of the PP is used to make a mat for the image; it, too, is die cut and embossed using Nestabilities. Finally, I used the Petite scallop circle for last mat; I inked the edges of the scallops for some detail. All layers are then adhered together.

I used SU! Horizontal Slot punch to make ribbon holes in either side of the image. I threaded the ribbon through the holes and around the PP. A knot is then tied near the image. Once knot is secured, the image is adhered to the card front using pop dots.

The sentiments were inked up with the same inks mentioned above. Voila, done!
Great shopping day today, we started at HL where I picked up some ribbon {like I needed any more}, then onto Ross. We found some great buys for the house there. Then, a quick stop at Belk for my Estee Lauder makeup and we headed home. Too bad all this great stuff is found so far away from home.

2 comments:

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

Very pretty layout and elegant..TFS

My Paper World said...

This is really pretty!

ShareThis