Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gettin' Buggy Note Cards

No good news for Duke, he has been restricted from having visitors. Of course, he didn't tell me that until I made the trip to the hospital. The preliminary blood tests ruled out what the doctors thought he had. So now, we don't know anything and the outlook is somewhat uncertain. I am scared out of my mind. I am thankful, however, that the doctors are diligently trying to treat him and find a diagnosis.

I made these for Cody's teacher's gift. I made six of these; three of each design. The image is from Gettin' Buggy With It by Langley Boy Designs. I purchased them from the Gina K website. I stamped the image with Brilliance Graphite Black ink onto Cryogen White cardstock. He is colored in with Copic markers, I used the black Atyou Spica pen to highlight his antennae, legs, and arms. I then die cut and embossed the image with Nestabilities.

I started with Kraft cardstock (4x4) and stamped the leaves from PTI's Beautiful Blooms with VersaMark ink. I used VersaMagic Spanish Olive chalk ink and the large leaf outline stamp on the larger leaves. I then stamped the flowers with VersaMagic Aegean Blue and Purple Hydrangea chalk ink.

The sentiment is from the same set and is stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black.

Ribbon is then tied around and knotted to the card. The image is adhered with pop dots. The inside is left blank so that she can use them as she wishes.

I also made the envelopes, but forgot to take a photo of them....ah well.

Cody had a great time at his class Christmas party. The little girl that drew his name got him exactly what he told her to...he's such a con! His teacher loved her gift and had been showing it off to the rest of the staff.

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

My best wishes to Duke, hope you get some good news soon.
Love your cute cards.

My Paper World said...

My best wishes to Duke, hope you get some good news soon.
Love your cute cards.

Bethany Paull said...

Oh dear, that does sound scary. Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you. Darling buggy cards. I love how you did them with the flowered backgrounds.

ShareThis