Thursday, December 20, 2007

How Sweet

I made this card for Duke's sister for keeping Cody for me this week while Duke is in the hospital. It really is a relief to have someone I know and trust taking care of my prized child.

Anyway, I stamped the image and sentiment from MFT How Sweet it is set with Brilliance Graphite Black ink onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock. I used the heat gun to set the ink since I had been having trouble with the ink smearing a bit.

I colored in the image with copics and then cut it out with my paper trimer. I then cut out and embossed the black scalloped square with Nestabilites.

The card base is SU! Cool Caribbean. I matted Wild Asparagus PP onto a light olive green textured cardstock.

Next, I mounted a coordinating PP from the same stack onto black cardstock, then onto a teal textured cardstock. The triple matted layer was then added to the polka dot layer, then the black gingham ribbon was tied around the entire panel. I placed the scalloped square under the ribbon and the image is over the ribbon. The scalloped square and the image panel are adhered with pop dots. The entire panel is then adhered to the card.

Duke may be coming home today or tomorrow, God willing. His brother and family is coming up from Florida this weekend for the holiday and it will just be awful if he can't see them.

I had plans to have Cody's gifts wrapped already, but several wrenches have been thrown in for FUN. Oh well, I normally do it Christmas Eve anyway.

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

She will love it! It's gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Great card, you did a fantastic job on the coloring!

Hope your fella is feeling better soon.

ShareThis