Friday, December 7, 2007

Penny Black Snowman

Isn't he just the cutest snowman you have ever seen? I stamped and colored these some time back, they were originally going to be used for my Christmas cards and it just didn't happen. He was colored with Prismas and then blended with OMS and a stump. I used At You Spica pens to traced some of the snowflakes, the curls of the scarf, and the snow. They add some detail and sparkle.

I made a purple textured cardstock base, then PP from The Paper Studio was layered on top. I used the snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder on SU! Cool Caribbean cardstock. I then added a strip of the same purple cardstock to the center of the embossed panel. I tied a turquoise sheer polka dot ribbon around the entire panel and then adhered it to the PP. The image was adhered with pop dots. Lastly, I added the bling at the bottom of the card.

I can hardly believe that Christmas is so close. Cody will be out of school starting, I think, on the 17th; he doesn't go back until the 5th of January. Man, what will we do with him for all that time? Of course, once he opens his Wii on Christmas morning, he'll be addicted for a few days anyway! And, he'll have fun with all the other small stuff he gets! I am getting him some books to read and a few movies to watch.

We are contemplating making a big dinner for Christmas Day. It's just the three of us, but Duke's son and his fiance will likely drop by as will Charlie, Duke's stepfather. It will be a fantastic day!

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is just the cutest, love your coloring

Terrie B x said...

beautiful love the colour combination:)

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. Theodor Geisel ...Dr Suess said...

first time reading your blog and just noticed we are both from the same beautiful area. I work in Knoxville but live in the sticks! loved looking at your stuff

My Paper World said...

This is beautiful! I love the snowman and the great colour combo!
I was inspired by one of your cards, and have done a link to your site, I hope thats ok.
Have a great weekend.
Nicola xx

jadadog said...

Oh I love these colors! alittle switch from what is all around this time of year!!!

ShareThis