Thursday, December 6, 2007

Season's Greetings

I only thought I was done with my Christmas cards, LOL. I still have about 4 to go, so not too bad. Don't know how they got left off the list, but I'll get them done by the weekend. Then it's time to work on a gift for Cody's teacher and bus driver. Ahhh, where has the time gone... thought I had plenty!!

I started with a blue cardstock base. I stamped the snowflakes from Verve's Winter Wonder set with VersaMark ink. I really like that it is subtle and pretty.

The image/ sentiment was stamped with light blue dye ink onto GP white cardstock. I highlighted the dots in the image with my blue At You Spica pen.

I used Nestabilites to cut out the image and it was then embossed. The scalloped square was cut from black cardstock. I punched the hole for the ribbon using SU! Horizontal Slot Punch. The ribbon has a snowflake design on it and it was perfect for this card. The image is mounted on the black mat with pop dots, as is the scalloped square.

The inside is stamped with light blue dye ink with a $ wood mounted stamp from Michael's.

I took Cody to BK to get the much sought after I*Dog. He has been harping about it for four or five days. It is only a bobble head dog thing...not sure what all the urgency was, but the boy is happy with it. That's all that matters, right?!
We still have a bit of Christmas shopping to do, but we found a Wii for Cody. He really wanted one last year, but we weren't able to get one. He is gonna flip out when he opens it and I just cannot wait! Just a few more big things and then just filler. Give the boy flashlights and cars and he is good to go. He's not too hard to please.

3 comments:

Jenn D said...

Very pretty! You are farther along on your cards than I am. I have to wait until after my Vendor Fair tomorrow to see how many I sell before I make mine out.

Love the colors, but I'm a sucker for blue.

My Paper World said...

Very pretty! I love the scallops and that beautiful ribbon too!

Flossie's Follies said...

I love the size and layout of the card, this is so pretty.

ShareThis