Thursday, December 27, 2007

Spiced Tea Jar

I made three of these, each a varying size for the women in Duke's family. I got the idea and the recipe from Sharon Harnist's blog, here.

I got the jars at Wal-Mart for 50% off, not too shabby. could not find the canning jars that Sharon used, but these worked just as well.

I mixed the ingredients together and just spooned them into the jars. Be careful, the mix gets everywhere...maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I used my computer to make labels for the botton and the top. I then cut them out and embossed them with Nestabilities.

Once the labels were adhered, I tied a pretty red and gold ribbon around the neck of the jars and they are ready to go from tonight when we see them.

His brother and SIL came up from Florida for the holidays and we haven't gotten to see them yet since Duke is still not feeling 100%. We just cannot risk him getting sick again, so they will most likely be coming to our house tonight.

Cody is thrilled with the Wii and has been playing it non-stop since we hooked it up. I played it too and two days later, I am still sore. Man, I am out of shape.

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

Lovely project! The jars look great!

ShareThis