Friday, December 21, 2007

Treat Bag

Duke is still in the hospital. The infection is gone, but now he has a problem with his kidneys, apparently they are not flushing the meds out as they are supposed to. Man, will it ever end? We are hoping that he comes home today.

I made this 2-5-7-10 treat bag for the mailman. I took a tray of cookies to the post office Monday, but thought I would treat my carrier with something just for him. This is filled with nuggets. I used my Limitless Labels stamps to decorate, then just threw them inside for a quick little gift. {You will have to use your imagination regarding the nuggets...no picture}
I stamped the circle and sentiment from Festive Labels by Gina K with VersaMagic chalk ink onto white shrink plastic. I cut out the scalloped circle with Nestabilties Petite Scalloped Circles die FIRST. I then punched the hole with the CAD. Cody was amazed at the transformation process inside the oven. Too cool!
I used the CAD to punch the holes in the bag as well and the white grosgrain ribbon was laced through and tied. I used silver stretch cord to tie the tag around the ribbon.
I made a pork roast in the crock pot last night and will just need to warm it when I get home for a fabulous dinner. I was hoping the my man would be home and we could have a cozy family dinner his first night back home, but it's probably not going to happen. Ah well, as long as he comes home health! We can have dinner anytime.
Cody is counting down the days until Santa comes. I am so excited for him!

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

The treat bag is gorgeous!
Hope that Duke is home soon xx

All Pink girl said...

Arrr bless you are having a tough time i do hope Duke is better soon and back home ,i bet you are so tired xxxx
you and your family take care and i hope you have a lovely christmas and a happy new year xxxxx
your treat bag is gorgeous ,Dawnxxxx

ShareThis