Monday, January 14, 2008

Altered Notebook

Cody will be giving this to his teacher for Valentine's Day. I found the notebook at Mike's for $1, it had a funky blue color and monogram on the front. So, I thought, heck I'll cover it with paper! What I didn't realize is that the monogram is on every single page....what to do! Of course, it won't match her name, but I'm not too sure she'll care.

I covered the front and back of the book with the floral PP using Mod Podge. I added the SU! Cool Caribbean strip once I made the scallops. Then, I tied the light blue sheer polka dotted ribbon around the book (only the front side). Then added strips of ribbon to the coils for interest.
Daintybella is stamped onto Georgia Pacific white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. I colored her with copics and added stickles to the flower bouquet. I used Nestabilities to die cut and emboss the image and the mat.
Finally, a felt flower was adhered to the bottom corner.
The birthday party was tons of fun and Cody is ready to go back to the bowling alley. It has been years since I have bowled and my score reflected it!! LOL We had a great time and will go back again soon.
Don't forget about the Birthday candy I am offering, there is still time to enter.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This came out great, too cute and what a wonderful way to work towards an A in class.

My Paper World said...

I dont think she will mind when she sees how cute the cover looks!!

ShareThis