Sunday, January 13, 2008

Another Valentine

We are preparing to go to a birthday party today. It is only 11:00 a.m. and Cody is ready to go; unfortunately, the party doesn't start until 4:00 p.m. LOL He is excited! They are having it at the bowling alley, and we have nover even been to it. Should be quite the experience.

Yesterday, I received the SU! Spring/ Summer catalog that Jenn sent me. I have already made my wish list, and will have to condense 'cause it's two pages long. There are some really great papers and I love the rub ons, not to mention some very nice stamp sets. I really need the stamp pad sets next.
This is the Valentine that I made for Cody to give his teacher. I started with a soft pink cardstock base and then layered on SU! Rose Red cardstock. The polka dot PP from the Target $ spot was faux ticket corner punched before being adhered to the card.

The strip of polka dot PP was matted with bright pink PP and then ribbon (from the Target $ spot as well) was tied and knotted on each end of the strip before being adhered to the card.

Daintybella was stamped onto Georgia Pacific white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and then colored with copics. Stickles were added to the flowers for sparkle and dimension, and a black AtYou spica glitter pen was used over the bow and shoes for even more sparkle. I even used some gold in her hair.

She was die cut and embossed using Nestabilities, as was the scalloped oval mat. The image is adhered to the card front using pop dots. The flame dew drops were added to the corners with Zip Dry Paper Glue. I love that stuff!!

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment and flourishes from PTI's Sweet Love set with Brilliance Graphite Black ink.

We went shopping again yesterday to spend the last of my Christmas money. Got a great new outfit and purse and picked up some of the $ stamps from Michael's. Duke and I will be getting the car stereo installed on Thursday...then off to the salon for pedicures and I need a fill for my nails. Should be a pretty fun day!!
Don't forget about the Birthday Candy. You have until Thursday, January 17th to enter.

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

Awwwww! she is so pretty!

Lynn said...

Tina,
Your card is so pretty, what a great Valentine card!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love this Bella she is great.

ShareThis