Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bella Birthday

Cody has been invited to a birthday party on Sunday for a little girl in his class. They have been in the same class since preschool. Hopefully she will like this card.

I started with SU! Cool Caribbean cardstock and then layered on PP once I faux ticket corner punched the ends. The PP has all sorts of terms for birthday, perfect for this card. And, while editing this photo, I noticed the word "poop" in the right hand corner....it says "Party Pooper". Ah well!

Billboardabella was stamped onto Georgia Pacific white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. I colored her in with copics and then cut her out and matted it onto SU! Regal Rose cardstock.

Once the image was adhered to the card front, I used SU! Horizontal Slot Punch to make a channel for the ribbon. The ribbon is from the $ spot at Target, it is velvety and soft. I tied it into a knot on the front.

Finally, I added the aqua flatback rhinestones to the corners with Zip E Dry glue. I just found that glue and it is totally fabulous, it dries fast and I was impressed with the holding power it seems to have.
I wrote a little something on the inside and will have Cody sign it in the morning. Now, to find the perfect gift for her.
Don't forget about the birthday candy on my last post. At this time, there are only 15 comments, so your chances are very good to win!

4 comments:

Jenn D said...

LOL @ the poop! I'd have never noticed had you not pointed it out. I bet she'll love the birthday card. Who doesn't like Bellas?

Flossie's Follies said...

The card is adorable, she will love it.

Flossie's Follies said...

The card is adorable, she will love it.

My Paper World said...

I wouldn't have noticed the Poop word either! Very cute card, she will love it!

ShareThis