Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Birthday Card

This card is for Duke's sister, who happens to share the same birthday as me. Too bad I don't really like her, but she's still family.
I used SCS sketch # 133 for this card. I started with SU! Elegant Eggplant cardstock base. Then I embossed the PP with the Birthday Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The strips of PP are then added to the card front.

I stamped the gift (A Muse), the cupcake and birthday hat (Studio G) onto Georgia Pacific white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. They were then colored with copics. I added bits of AtYou Spica glitter pen highlights.

Each image was punched out using a 1 3/8" circle punch, then it was matted on a 1 1/2" circle punch. Finally, I used the SU! scallop circle punch for the last layer. All images were then adhered to the card.

I added Xmas Red Stickles to the cherry on the cupcake, of course, after I took the photo. I suppose you can imagine how fantastically glittery it is.
Ok, so I found out today that my office is possibly moving to a new location sometime this week. It really sucks since this house was purchased in October specifically for this business. We have moved no less than three times in the last 7 months...I hate packing and unpacking. Now, our new place will be much bigger, and I will have my own office; but we have stairs to contend with for this move. I don't really mind stairs, but with desks and the amount of files we have, it isn't going to be fun. Thank heavens my job doesn't involve any heavy lifting, but it is NOT what I wanted to do this week.
Cody got his report card yesterday and he has ALL A's. I am ecstatic!!! We are both very proud of him and hope that he continues to have a love for learning.
Don't forget about the Birthday candy here. There is still time.

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

go Cody all A's that is fantastic. Love this card, the layout and papers are fantastic.

My Paper World said...

Very cute card! the embossing and the stripey paper look fab, with the cute images!
Well done Cody! That's fantastic!

ShareThis