Thursday, January 3, 2008

Buggy Bookmarks

I made these bookmarks to go out as a RAK to a friend on a MSN Group that I belong to. She is super sweet and always makes me feel good when I am able to post something. She doesn't read my blog, so I am safe to post these here.

The ladybug, butterfly, and dragonfly are from Langley Boy Designs for Gina K. I love that set, the images and sentiments are so adorable. { I do not like bugs IRL!!} LOL
I used scalloped oval Nestabilities to cut the base for the bookmark. If just a portion of the paper is below the cut line, you are able to make a small card. For this one, I used black cardstock, the PP is from The Paper Studio paper pad. I then layered PP and an additional black scalloped mat under the image and adhered to the base. Nestabilities were used for each layer.
The image is stamped onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock and then colored with copics. I added JudiKins Diamond Glaze to the bug body for shine.
For this one, I used pink cardstock for the base and used Nestabilities to cut the bookmark as well as the corresponding layers. Again, JudiKins Diamond Glaze was used on the thorax for shine.

I used a lavender cardstock for the last one. The PP is from The Paper Studio paper pad and all layers were cut using Nestbilities.

The image was colored with copics onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock. I, again, used JudiKins Diamond Glaze to accent the body. The wings are embossed using Ranger Holographic EP. They are supah shiny!

Oh, and I added Basic Grey magnetic snaps to the inside to hold the page. Love those things; really handy for these sorts of projects.

These go really fast once you have the papers chosen; sometimes that the hardest part, isn't it?!

I made a few more, but won't post those as I am sure that you get the idea. I have also sent her lots of colored images and some cards from my stash. She is into the "Alien green" color, so I also sent some green embellishments for her to use. Hopefully, she will have use for what I have sent.

Cody is excited to get back to school; so am I. I have really enjoyed the time with him, but he is so full of energy sometimes that it is hard to keep up with him. I know that it's because he is kinda bored and has assimilated to the classroom schedule. I am sure that he misses his friends too. He has been wanting to have them over during the break, but between Duke's hospitalization and recovery, that hasn't been possible. Perhaps we'll host a game day since the other boys will want to play Wii.

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

Those images really are cute! very sweet projects!

Flossie's Follies said...

OMG, these are just too cute, love them, I am definitly going to have to case these.

Terrie B x said...

These are beautiful."Happy New Year":)

ShareThis