Monday, January 7, 2008

Feelin' Ducky

In my shopping frenzy that was Saturday, I picked up an A Muse acrylic stamp set from ACM. The animal images are adorable and the sentiments are super cute.

I stamped this duck onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black. He is colored in with copics. I watched a video tutorial here. You may have to scroll down to see it. But, I learned alot about coloring and shading from this video, so check it out.

This layout is from SCS. The card base is SU! Old Olive (?) and then the PP from DCWV is double matted with white and SU! Groovy Guava.

Then, I wrapped olive rickrack (sp?)around the mats and adhered to the card front.

The duck image was punched out and then matted with a Groovy Guava circle. Both the 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" circle punches were used. The image is added to the card using a 3M foam square.

The sentiment was stamped onto SU! Whisper White and then I used the corner rounder to make the arrow shape. Don't ask how, I have no idea. LOL But, I was pleasantly surprised that it came out this way.

Lastly, I added the yellow bling to the sentiment shape.
For the second card, I used the same sketch except I flipped it with fold on the top. This time, I added the scalloped circle behind the duck image. And, I pierced the holes in the corner of the card with the SU! Mat Pack piercing guide.
These are going to Duke's aunt and cousin for checking on Duke and me during the past few weeks. It was nice to have the support, even if they really couldn't help me since they are too far away.
Cody is back at school today, yippee!! He was excited to go as well; guess he has been bored at home during the past three weks. He was dressed and ready in record time. LOL He wanted to take ALL his toys to school with him to show his friends. I had to scale back the collection to two items for show & tell.
I am getting a new stereo system in my Jeep on Thursday for my birthday. My birthday isn't for another week or so, but I sure am happy to be getting it!! My current system doesn't play 1/2 of the CD's that I have.

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

this card is just too ducky, that duck is too cute. Great card, love the rick rack

My Paper World said...

So cute! I really love all the amuse images, they are fab!

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

ShareThis