Sunday, January 27, 2008

Floral Mailbox

I only have one more after this one to show you. I will have to decorate about 4 more, but I won't bore you with them.


I started with a white mailbox tin from Target. I covered in the PP, but did not go around the flag, I was having a hard time with the Terrific Tape sticking as soon as it touched the mailbox, and then ripping the paper to get it into the correct place. Anywho, I saw on the Pink Stampers blog that she did not go around the flag with paper. It looked good, so I adopted this process as well.

The flowers on the front were cut out with Cuttlebug flower dies with SU! Whiper White cardstock. I stamped the flowers from PTI's Beautiful Blooms stamps. I used VersaMagic chalk and pigment ink. Each flower was then adhered to the front with foam squares.

The ribbon from HL was wrapped around the mailbox and then tied in a knot. The image on the flag is a Studio G rubber stamp. I used Ranger EP to heat emboss the heart. It is then punched out and layered on corresponding circle and scallop. I then tied the same ribbon to the flag.



After the photo was taken, I glued ric rac around the edge of the mailbox doors; I had used a sanding sponge for the edges of the PP, some of the paint was removed in the process. This really helped to cover that flaw.



Cody has his very first loose tooth. I made a small keepsake tin for him to use when the tooth finally falls out. I'll share that tomorrow. I can hardly believe that my little baby boy is growing so fast, too fast. It seems so strange for this to be happening; even though I know he is aging, I am never really prepared for the changes.

We went to Knoxville today, stopped at Michael's and AC Moore. I got the faux dew drops from Michael's, so glad that I was able to find them since they are such a great buy. Also got a few more Studio G rubber stamps and journals to alter.

1 comment:

Jenn D said...

Those flags can be a pain! I love how you left some of the box exposed. Very cute.

ShareThis