Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Hope you had fun celebrating the coming of another year. Duke had to work, and Cody and I went to bed early. I am not a night owl, so staying up was not in the cards for me. I did, however, wake up at about 12:30 a.m. unable to sleep.

I made some bookmarks for a friend and her family, as well as colored a few images for use later. I'll show you some of those later in the week.

This is a card that I made for Cody after he informed me that he has never received a card from me. This is, of course, not true. I have made him cards for his birthday, but they are put up or in his scrapbook already. In any case, I made him this card to ease his pain.

I started with a gray textured cardstock base covered with PP from DCWV Old World stack. Then a piece of green textured Bazzill cardstock acts as a mat for the striped PP. I punched a hole in the layers as I knew that the sentiment would be attached to the card with a brad. The sentiment from Gina K is stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink onto SU! Whisper White. I punched it out with SU! Scalloped Circle punch and then chose a green flower brad to adhere. I inked around the edges of the scallops with VersaMagic Spanish Olive chalk ink.

The striped paper, mat, and sentiment were then adhered to the card front. The ricrac was glued down with Scotch 3M liquid glue.

The dragonfly from Gina K is stamped onto Cryogen White shimmer cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and colored in with copics. A black AtYou spice pen enhances the antennae. I then took a glue pen and dabbed the wings, then added Ranger Holographic EP and set with my heat gun.

I used Nestabilities to die cut and emboss the image as well as cut the scalloped oval mat. I wrote a lovely message for him; it's great that he can read for himself a bit now. There was only one word he didn't know.

He slept with it under his pillow last night. Love that kid!! He sure makes me feel like all my creations are winners even when they are not.

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

Awwwww! That's supercute! The card and the story!

ShareThis