Friday, January 18, 2008

Just Keep Swimming

Our family went to dinner at Red Lobster last night for my birthday. Duke is allergic to shellfish, but decided that his last reaction to shellfish more than 10 years ago wasn't too bad, that maybe now he was over the allergy. This cockamamie (?) philosophy was WRONG. He even took a few Benadryl before leaving home. Poor guy swelled up, throat closed, and got very sick on the way home. This morning he is still with a sore throat, but most of the swelling is gone. Needless to say, when I asked him if it was worth it, I got a resounding NO! He won't be trying this again in this lifetime.

So, keeping in tune with the seafood theme, I made this card for him last night once we got home. He picked up my SU! order and I got busy. I stamped the fish from Gina K Designs onto SU! Whisper White and colored with copics. I then used my glue pen in areas and heat embossed with Ranger Holographic EP. I then used Nestabilities to die cut and emboss the image and the scalloped mat.

I started with a blue cardstock base, (not sure which SU! color this is), and then layered on Curious Metallic Ice Gold once I embossed it. I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder in my wizard. I also used the SU! ticket corner punch for the corners.

The dotted PP was adhered and then I tied the thin grosgrain ribbon around the entire panel and then adhered it to the card front.

The sentiment from the same Gina K Designs set was stamped onto SU! Whisper White and then I used SU! Word Window punch to punch it out and then made the holes for the brads. I used a small pop dot on the opposite side so that it looked like waves.

We are packing up the office and getting most of our things out today. However, since the phone lines won't be transferred until Thursday, our desks and computers stay until the phones can be transferred. Sucks, but what ya gonna do?!

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Very cute card! I really hope that Duke is feeling better now. xx

Jenn D said...

OMG, I'm so glad he is okay! My mom is deathly allergic to Scallops and won't even touch a seafood dish unless she knows what's in it. I'm glad he didn't have an anaphactic reaction to it.

The card is gorgeous. I hope you enjoy your new Stampin' Up! stuff.

ShareThis