Friday, January 25, 2008

Polka Dots

I have a love of polka dots, not sure where it came from or when, but I just love them.

The inspiration for this card came from page 114 of the Spring/ Summer catalog from SU! I started with a Certainly Celery (?) cardstock base, then layered on the Bashful Blue cardstock once it had been stamped with CHF Polka Dot backgrounder. I used Brilliance Dew Drops in Pearlescent Blue for the ink.

The light blue gingham ribbon was wrapped around the card and tied in the front. I added the holes for the brads using the SU! Mat Pack.

The sentiment from SU! Smorgasborders was stamped with the same ink as the polka dots and then the border circle from PTI's Borders & Corners {Circle} was stamped around the sentiment and punched out. I used Bashful Blue as the next circle layer before punching the Groovy Guava scallop circle.

I usually don't use pastels, but I am branching out and accepting other colors. I like the softness of this card and love this design.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I really like those colors together and I like the softness of it too - great job!

Flossie's Follies said...

This came out so pretty, love those brads.

My Paper World said...

I Love polka dots too! This is very cute!

ShareThis