Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Shopping Day

Cody and I went on a marathon shopping spree today. We hit 6 stores and racked up on all sorts of things. First, we went to Target looking for good deals in the $ spot. Well, I loaded up with the mailboxes everyone is raving about on SCS. I also picked up some bling, pails, ribbon, and a few of the silicone baking pans. I also spotted some pants and shirts for the boy, and some candles/ gift sets. All the Christmas stuff was 90% off...I am stocked with wrapping paper for the next three lifetimes. LOL

Then, off to Dillards. I had to pick up some items for my skin care regiment, and then I looked at the clothing. Ended up with a few things at ridiculously low prices! Yippee for me!!!

Cody was being such a good sport that I decided to take him to Toys R Us. We scoured that store looking for the perfect item for him. He spotted the blendy pens and was ready to get home. Unfortunately for him, I was just getting started.

Next, we went to HL were I stocked up on brads and flowers since they were 50% off this week. Such great deals at those prices. I got a few things on the clearance aisle too. I wanted to go to Michael's, but the traffic going that way was too congested. Last on my list was ACM . Got a few hand soap/ lotion sets and some EP. Believe it or not, there was another Target on the way to ACM, we stopped and got some more mailboxes. I can hardly believe that I was fortunate enough to have gotten some.
Ok, onto the card. For this card, I used sketch #116 from SCS. {can't believe I remembered to include this info} I started with an olive cardstock base. The centers of the flowers are accented with JudiKins Diamond Glaze and glitter. Once dry, it is matted onto blue cardstock.
The bitty bug from CC Designs was stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black onto Curious Metallic Ice Gold cardstock. I then colored him with copics. The image was then double matted with Bazzill textured cardstock. The image was then added to the card with pop dots.

I added Tulip puffy paint and Ranger Holographic EP to accent the bubbles. Once dry, I heat set with the heat gun.
The SU! Mat Pack was used to pierce holes for the brads. Finally, the sentiment is from Verve Visual and is stamped with VersaMagic chalk ink {pumpkin spice}.
I think we are plannin to go shopping tomorrow as well. This time all for me since Duke didn't have time to shop for Christmas as he was in the hospital. I am getting a new winter coat and some shoes. Things I desperately need.

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

Very cute! and wow! all your bargains sound fab!

ShareThis