Monday, January 21, 2008

Target Mailbox

I finally got around to decorating some tin mailboxes I got at Target a few weeks ago. It is a little tricky getting the paper to go around the tin, but I managed. So, I will have a few to show you in the coming days.

I used paper from the $ bin at Target too. It is adhered with Terrific Tape that I got from Scor-Pal's website.
The image for the flag of the mailbox is a wood mounted Studio G stamp from the $ bin at Michael's. I stamped it on SU! Whisper White with Brilliance Graphit Black ink and then colored the heart with copics. Then, I used a glue pen around the design and sprinkled some Ranger tinsel/ glitter EP and heat set. I have already gone back over the areas that were missed and got them filled in completely. I added the ribbons to the flag. The ribbons are also from the $ spot at Target.

The image was then mounted on PP and a scallop circle. I used Terrific Tape to adhere the front and back panels to the flag.

The image on the front of the mailbox is stamped with VersaMagic Pixie Pink chalk ink onto SU! Whisper White cardstock. The scroll oval and sentiment is from PTI's Sweet Love set. The sentiment is stamped with VersaMagic Rocket Red pigment ink.

The image is die cut with Nestabilities as is the scalloped oval mat. The image is mounted on the front of the mailbox and I then added red rhinestones with Zip Dry glue.
What a lazy day we had today at home. It was super cold and I did not want to get out at all. It barely got in the 20's today.

Duke and I are deciding when to take a vacation. The dates that we wanted are not available in the area that we want to go, so he is checking some alternate dates. Obviously, Cody's schedule is what we have to work around. There are a few more long weekends before May, so we are hoping to book something in March. We both work in a tourism area, so we can't wait too long or it becomes too busy to try to ask for time off.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Tina,
This Valentine mailbox is adorable, great job!

Jennifer said...

This is so pretty! The paper is tricky at first. Once you get one down the rest just fall into place. You reminded me I have a few sitting in my cabinet to alter.

Jenn

Jenn D said...

That's odd . . . I must have been signed in under a old e-mail address.

My Paper World said...

You did a great job! It's so pretty!

All Pink girl said...

OOh my this is so gorgeous great work ,Dawnx

ShareThis