Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter Wishes

I woke up to about 4 inches of snow this morning...this does not make me happy. Snow is only supposed to fall when I don't have to drive in it. I am from Illinois and although I am used to having snow during the winter months, I have always disliked it. The roads here in East Tennessee are curvy, winding, and are extremely treacherous in bad weather. I know that no roads are truly safe with ice and snow, but here they really don't prepare for the event; especially little country/ back roads. In fact, the country road that I live on is now covered with ice; very hard to drive on ice.
I received this Elzybells image and stamped sentiment from Bethany Paull some time ago. Thanks Bethany!! I colored her in with copics and then used Tulip puffy paint to accent the fur on her coat and earmuffs. While the paint was still wet I sprinkled some Ranger Holographic EP on it and then heat set. The snowdrift was made the same way.

I used Pebbles shimmer chalk to make the sky background; don't know if it visible in the picture or not.

I started with a Cool Caribbean cardstock base and then matted polka dotted PP onto a light sage green textured cardstock and adhered.

For the next layer, I pierced holes using SU! Mat Pack piercing guide; on three corners I used silver brads as an accent. And, on the fourth corner I pierced a decorative accent for a little interest. Again, not sure it is visible from the photo.

The image is double matted and then adhered to the card front with foam adhesive.

2 comments:

Jenn D said...

This is so cute, I just love Elzybells. I love the 3D part of her coat. What a neat idea.

My Paper World said...

Awwwwwww! she is adorable!

ShareThis